What is it?
Brake fluid is a type of hydraulic fluid that transfers and multiplies force from the master cylinder to the brake calipers or wheel cylinders. Brake fluid also lubricates brake system components.
Brake fluid is naturally hygroscopic, which means it attracts moisture from the air.
What if I ignore it?
- Over time, brake fluid loses its effectiveness, so that's why Honda recommends purging and replacing all the brake fluid from the entire system every three years, or when indicated by Maintenance Minder sub item 7 on vehicles so equipped, to help ensure optimal braking performance
- Moisture absorbed by hte brake fluid gradually lowers the fluid's boiling point and makes it more susceptible to bubble formation in the brake lines
- Bubbles inside the brake lines compress when braking and can result in a mushy (instead of firm) brake pedal feel
- Moisture also can affect metal parts in the braking system, causing corrosion and early wear
What if I take care of it?
- Help ensure optimal braking performance
- Help prevent potential braking system damage and costly repairs
- Remove moisture before damage can occur
- Restore proper brake pedal feel
What are the benefits of Honda Genuine Brake Fluid?
- Formulation is exclusive to Honda specifications and not available under any other brand name
- Top-quality ingredients are designed to maintain effectiveness for the full period between recommended changes
- It's the only recommended brake fluid for Honda vehicles
- Fully tested to be compatible with Honda brake system components
- Reduces the corrosive effects of moisture in the fluid
- Compatible with synthetic and rubber materials
- Minimal water absorbtion characteristics
- Reduces sediment formation in brake system
- Provides higher boiling and wet boiling point
- Excellent lubricating and stability performance under all conditions
Why service your vehicle at Honda of Burlington?
Value and Trust - Honda dealerships strive to offer the same things people choose a Honda vehicle for, including reliability, dependability, and value. The Parts and Service Department is committed to earning your loyalty every time you visit and helping you prolong the life of your vehicle.
Honda Professionals - Dealership Parts and Service personnel are trained professionals and are continually provided leading-edge customer service, process, and technical training. Combine that with up-to-date technical resources, specialized processes, and specific tools for your exact model and year and you've got the right people to help make maintaining your Honda as satisfying as owning it.