Honda of Burlington Careers
The Sims family has been a strong presence in the automotive business since the early 60’s when Vern Sims purchased the Ford dealership in Sedro-Woolley. With the help of his sons, Dan and Lance Sims, he established Honda of Burlington in Mount Vernon in 1978, moving to its current location in Burlington in 1995.
Apple Valley Honda was added in Wenatchee, now in East Wenatchee in 1983 and they established Northwest Honda in Bellingham in 1988. The Sims sold Vern Sims Ford in 2003 and since then, the Sims have focused their time and energy into making their Honda stores the best in class.
The Sims dealerships take pride in having a professional and family friendly environment where the majority of employees have been with the company for years. Working at a Sims Dealership is like working with family. There are many opportunities for growth and advancement, along with a strong supportive culture.
Why Work At Honda of Burlington?
Our Staff Testimonials
"I was given the freedom and opportunity to grow and advance my career at a very early age. Through highs and lows I always had the support of our owners" - Bobby Maynard
"I love working with our great group of people dedicated to making each experience amazing as well as doing it the right way. I have worked for the Sims family for several years and am so grateful for their kindness, support and dedication to serving our customers with the very same values as myself." - Camille
"I love working for Honda of Burlington because it is like working with your family. We all care for and about each other and work hard to bring that relationship and level of care to our customers. I have been working in customer service for almost 20 years and I have learned that a happy customer makes for a happy job life. The Sims family has made this possible for all of us." - Amber Peterson
"Honda of Burlington/Northwest Honda genuinely cares about our customers and the staff who work hard to achieve great care and want the best experience for both. They are true to their values and are straight forward regarding their expectations. It is pleasure to come to work every day knowing you work in a supportive environment." - Chris Wagner
Honda of Burlington is a preferred dealership, servicing a large network of communities from Bellingham to Anacortes; Oak Harbor to Sedro Woolley and Everett. Honda of Burlington, a family owned business, maintains an excellent reputation with employees and customers. Rooted in the Skagit Valley, our convenient location and visibility from 1-5, creates a continuous flow of customers to our showroom.
We are looking for high-energy, positive, out-going individuals with strong verbal communication skills and a willingness to work with a committed sales team, many of whom have been at Honda of Burlington for over 6 years. Over 50% of our sales staff earn a six figure income. Our outstanding benefits package includes Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, supplemental disability, and 401K retirement plan with a generous employer match. Paid time off is available after 90 days of employment. Applicants must have at least one year of solid car sales experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Build relationships & create customers for life. Assist them in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Be the vehicle expert. Know the in’s & the out’s of product offerings, optional packages & latest technology
- Perform high-quality and professional demonstrations of new/used vehicles.
- Follow-up with buyers to ensure referral business.
- Learn to overcome objections and thrive in sales situations
- Direct report to the Sales Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews, and analyses.
- Bring your ‘A game’ & positive attitude with you every day Qualifications
- Available to work flexible hours & weekends
- Ready to hit the ground running on learning new product in’s & out’s
- Fantastic communication skills with your customers
- Professional, well-groomed personal appearance.
- Clean driving record
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment background check & drug screen
Honda of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the United States. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
Please send your resume and/or letter of interest to Chris Wagner: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
- Supplemental Accidental/Life
- Pension with employer match up to 3.5%
- Paid Time off (Sick, Vacation and Holiday)