What is it?
Dual Pump II Fluid is used in the Real Time 4WD/AWD system for lubrication and to produce hydraulic pressure for transmitting force to the rear wheels when needed.
What if I ignore it?
- Rear differential fluid degrades and breaks down (wears out) with use
- Operating with fluid of poor quality or condition can lead to corrosion and sediment buildup in the system, resulting in undesirable performance
- Abnormal noise from the rear differential, especially when turning and accelerating
What if I take care of it?
- Prolong lifespan of rear differential
- Help prevent costly repairs
- Help optimize 4WD/AWD system performance
- Reduce noise and wear
What are the benefits of Honda Genuine rear differential (VTM-4®) fluid?
- Developed in conjunction with Honda R&D and created exclusively for Honda Real Time 4WD/AWD systems
- Fluid formation, design, and blend are unique and proprietary to Honda
- It's the only differential fluid specifically approved for use in Honda Real Time 4WD/AWD systems
- Provides required coefficient of friction for proper operation
- Superior lubrication qualities with selected additives to reduce noise and wear
Why service your vehicle at Honda of Burlington?
Value and Trust - Honda dealerships strive to offer the same things people choose a Honda vehicle for, including reliability, dependability, and value. The Parts and Service Department is committed to earning your loyalty every time you visit and helping you prolong the life of your vehicle.
Honda Professionals - Dealership Parts and Service personnel are trained professionals and are continually provided leading-edge customer service, process, and technical training. Combine that with up-to-date technical resources, specialized processes, and specific tools for your exact model and year and you've got the right people to help make maintaining your Honda as satisfying as owning it.