What is it?
Automatic transmission fluid provides hydraulic power to perform transmission functions, such as shifting gears. It also lubricates and cools internal components.
What if I ignore it?
- Transmission fluid degrades and breaks down (wears out) with use, and poor fluid quality or condition can lead to shudder or harsh shifting.
What if I take care of it?
- Help maximize longevity of transmission
- Help maintain optimal transmission performance and driving quality
- Help prevent possible costly transmission repairs
What are the benefits of Honda Genuine Automatic Transmission Fluid?
- Lower viscosity for improved fuel efficiency
- Low oxidation rate for improved long-term stability
- Optimal shift quality and proper torque converter lockup through a wide range of driving conditions and over long usage
- Easier engine starting (thanks to reduced torque converter drag)
- Friction modifiers that provide anti-shudder proetction, resulting in smoother shifting, even in extreme operating conditions
- Smoother shifting in cold weather, while still keeping excelleng lubricating qualities, and proper pressure during hot weather operation
- Special anti-wear characteristics that help protect the transmission from corrosion and excessive wear, stretching service life
- Special additives that help protect and extend the life of seals and O-rings
- Using a fluid other than Honda Genuine transmission fluid may adversely affect the operation and durability of the transmission and damage it
Why service your vehicle at Honda of Burlington?
Value and Trust - Honda dealerships strive to offer the same things people choose a Honda vehicle for, including reliability, dependability, and value. The Parts and Service Department is committed to earning your loyalty every time you visit and helping you prolong the life of your vehicle.
Honda Professionals - Dealership Parts and Service personnel are trained professionals and are continually provided leading-edge customer service, process, and technical training. Combine that with up-to-date technical resources, specialized processes, and specific tools for your exact model and year and you've got the right people to help make maintaining your Honda as satisfying as owning it.